Travel Gift Guide, Spring
Here are the travel-focused Etsy items I'm coveting, for home and away.
1. DodoDesigns - Toronto, Canada (woo, local!) Toiletries bags in fun patterns. Cotton covered in plastic, inside and out. Perfect for travel since it's easy to clean & spill-proof. Variety of shapes and sizes. $30-35
2. OldPosters - location unknown These incredible vintage tourism posters cost a pretty penny but that's because they are rare and authentic. I've had design history classes solely devoted to them. One of these beauties sold for $3000 at Christie's auction. 1930s-80s. Professionally restored. $75-1000
3. OfTheFountain - Boston, US Luggage tags are just plain practical, and you can't beat this rich, aged leather. Customize with your name or personal message. You can even pick the font! Around $10.
4. ReneeLoughin - Chicago, US I would love one (or both) of these sweet brass necklaces. The compass and collapsable spy glass are fully functioning too, so I could set off into the wilderness like an old school explorer (but cuter). $28-30
5. MyBeardedPigeon - Bellingen, Australia I'm loving these organic cotton map pillows in custom fabrics of cities, countries and even entire continents. They are handmade by this lovely eco-friendly family living off the land. $55 (for the pillow case)
6. AnnesQuiltingFrenzy - Windham, US This quilted Scrabble board is perfect for camping, it's machine washable and could even double as a towel or dish rag on your trip. $30 (comes with wooden tiles & carrying bag)
7. Bayan Hippo - Bursa, Turkey This, in my mind, is the perfect spring tote. Stylish & utilitarian. The hard part is deciding on the style and colour, but maybe I don't have to since they are very affordable. $30-35