Japanese washi tape & whiskey
I could have packed a shipping container full of beautiful objects we saw in Japan, but alas, I was sensible and brought back just a few gems:
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Each trip I add to my figurine collection, this sweet old lady is from a tiny artisan in Kyoto's Gion Quarter
2. I am obsessed with Washi paper tape, so I stocked up at Parco department store's Wrapple
3. Fake sushi is the perfect souvenir. You can find them in Kappabashi Dori (Kitchen Town) where restauranteurs shop for their displays
4. Maybe you don't know this: I heart whiskey, and the Japanese seem to as well. Try the award-winning Yamazaki single malt
6. Oh, and the polka dot fabric, that's a silk blouse straight from the birthplace of Uniqlo in Tokyo.