Musical Cities, Seattle & Calgary
I spent a whirlwind 4 days on a work trip getting a behind the scenes tour of the incredible EMP Museum in Seattle and seeing the collection of the exhibition project I'm working on at Calgary's National Music Centre. Sonic inspiration abounded!!
And if, like me, you find yourself with only a few hours of leisure in these two cities, here are some worthy spots to spend it in.
• Drinking coffee at Bedlam
• Having beers in the old mortuary, the Pine Box.
• Having some over the top meat treats at The Palomino which is also a cool spot for live music
• Eating your fill of the infamous Tubby Dogs surrounded by old-timey arcades
• Enjoying a post card view of Calgary complete with mountain back drop on top of McHugh Bluff.